Spaghetti & meatball bites in Cabernet Sauvignon sauce
Featuring Cabernet Sauvignon
These Spaghetti Meatball Bites in Barefoot Cabernet Sauvignon sauce are a total crowd-pleaser, no matter the occasion. Offer these bite-sized snacks as an appetizer or serve them up on plates with crusty French bread and a side of grilled veggies for a delicious meal.
- 500g beef mince
- 80ml milk
- 35g breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 & 1/2 shallots, finely chopped
- 180ml Barefoot Cabernet Sauvignon
- 100ml water
- 1 teaspoon cornflour
- 1 ½ teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon redcurrant jelly
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 250g cooked spaghetti
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees. Spray a large casserole dish with non-stick cooking spray and set aside.
- Combine the beef mince, 1 minced shallot (save the remaining ½ shallot for later), salt, pepper, milk and breadcrumbs together in a large bowl. Mix well.
- Form small meatballs out of the beef mixture and place in the casserole dish. Bake for 20 minutes or until meatballs are done.
- While meatballs are cooking, combine the Barefoot Cabernet Sauvignon, water, cornflour and remaining minced shallot in a large pan over medium heat.
- Add the redcurrant jelly and Worcestershire sauce to the wine mixture, stirring well.
- Add butter to the sauce and stir until it’s completely melted. Continue simmering for another 6-8 minutes, or until sauce is nice and thick.
- Use mini forks to twirl up spaghetti noodles before skewering a meatball to the end.
- Pour the Cabernet Sauvignon sauce over the spaghetti meatball bites and serve.