Easy Breezy Merlot Cheesecake
Who wants a piece of our easy-peasy Merlot Cheesecake? It’s super easy and will impress your guests. Just follow the instructions then go to town on the toppings! Tastes great, of course, with a delicious glass of Merlot!
FOR THE RED WINE SYRUP
- 250 ml Barefoot Merlot
- 50 g caster sugar
FOR THE CHEESECAKE
- 50 g unsalted butter, melted, plus extra to grease
- 200 g dark chocolate digestive biscuits
- 500 g cream cheese, at room temperature
- 40 g icing sugar
- 75 g white chocolate, broken into pieces
- 300 ml double cream
- Make the red wine syrup. Pour wine in a pan and bubble for 10 mins. Turn off the heat, stir in the sugar until dissolved. Leave to cool.
- Lightly grease the base and sides of a 20.5cm (8in) round springform tin and line with baking parchment.
- Whiz the biscuits in a food processor until finely crushed. Add the melted butter and pulse until the mixture clumps together. Press into the base of the prepared tin using a spoon, pop in fridge.
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, icing sugar and 3tbsp of the cooled red wine syrup together with an electric handwhisk.
- Melt the white chocolate (we used a pan over simmering water). Quickly fold the chocolate into the cream cheese bowl until combined.
- In a separate bowl, whip the cream until it just holds its shape, then gently fold it into the cream cheese bowl.
- Tip the cheesecake mixture into the tin and spread to make an even layer. Chill in the fridge for at least 6hr or overnight.
- Take cheesecake out tin and drizzle some of the wine syrup over the cheesecake and add toppings of your choice.