Barefoot Merlot Hot Fudge Sauce
Wine and chocolate make up the most perfect pairing and if you’ve never attempted hot fudge sauce from scratch before --- well, you’ll never believe how easy it is! Just a few simple ingredients and you’ll have perfect chocolately sauce in a matter of minutes.
- 3 tbsp Barefoot Merlot
- 4 oz bittersweet chocolate
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 1/3 cup light corn syrup
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp good quality cocoa
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- Finely chop the chocolate and place in a medium sized saucepot.
- Add all other ingredients except for the wine.
- Bring to a boil then simmer for one minute, stirring constantly.
- Remove sauce from the heat and stir in the Merlot.
- Let sauce stand for ten minutes (it will thicken up a bit) and then serve warm over ice cream, brownies or fruit.
- Keep sauce in a sealed container in the fridge for up to one week.
- Before serving, warm up sauce.