The Paloma cocktail is believed to hail from Mexico and soon became a popular drink in the USA. It is the drink of choice during the Cinco de Mayo celebrations which marks the Mexican Army’s historic victory over France. Whether you’re after a taste of Mexico or just searching for a drink to match your own celebrations - the Paloma is a smart choice.
This refreshing citrus cocktail is traditionally made with tequila but it’s the grapefruit that’s the key ingredient, giving it that hint of bitterness. We have added a twist to this much-loved recipe with our Barefoot Sauvignon Blanc, ensuring you have plenty of that citrusy taste. This delicious cocktail is perfect for a summer party, or just to mix up for yourself to enjoy in the garden on a warm evening.
- 90ml Barefoot Sauvignon Blanc
- 75ml fresh grapefruit juice
- 15ml fresh lime juice
- Sugar syrup to taste
- Salt & lime wedge (optional)
- Cut a lime wedge and rub it around the rim of a tall glass.
- Pour out salt and dip the rim of your glass into it, twisting back and forth to cover.
- Turn the glass back over and fill it with ice.
- Pour in your Barefoot Sauvignon Blanc, grapefruit juice, lime juice and syrup.
- Stir it and then add a wedge of lime or grapefruit to provide the finishing touches.