Ho, ho, ho! The festive season is upon us, and we all know that the best way to get into the Christmas spirit is with an advent calendar. This year, leave the chocolate-filled calendars to the kids and upgrade your festive cheer with a wine advent calendar. That's right – we're talking about a fabulous DIY project that combines your love for Barefoot Wine with the excitement of counting down to the big day. In this blog post, we'll guide you through the process of creating your very own wine advent calendar, filled with mini 187ml bottles of Barefoot Wine. So, let's jingle all the way to a wine-filled Christmas countdown!
Why Wine Advent Calendars Are the Ultimate Christmas Treat
Forget about those tiny pieces of chocolate – a wine advent calendar is the grown-up, sophisticated way to celebrate the season. Each day, you'll get to unwrap a new delicious mini bottle of Barefoot Wine, turning the advent calendar experience into a wine-tasting extravaganza. It's a fantastic way to explore different wines, share the joy with friends and family, and add a touch of sparkle to your festive season. Plus, who wouldn't love an excuse to enjoy a glass of wine every day leading up to Christmas?
How to Make Your Own Wine Advent Calendar
Ready to spread some festive cheer with your very own wine advent calendar? Grab your glue stick, put on your favourite Christmas playlist, and let's dive into this wine-derful DIY project, featuring your favourite Barefoot Wine mini 187ml bottles.
• 25x sheets A4 card approx. 400gsm thickness
• Glue stick
• Tube template printed on A4 paper- Download here.
• Tissue paper in your choice of colour- we used Barefoot purple
• 25x Printed Christmas decorations- Download here.
• Glitter, confetti, or any other decorations you fancy- go wild, it's Christmas!
• 25x Barefoot Wine mini 187ml bottles
• 25x 10cm pieces of string or coloured ribbon
• marker pen
- Print your tube template onto plain A4 paper, making sure it's the actual size and not scaled up or down – we want those mini Barefoot Wine bottles to fit snugly inside! Cut out 25 flat tubes from your A4 card, including the flap along the edge.
- Apply glue to the flap and roll the tube so the flap meets the other side. Hold tightly while the glue dries – you might want to use paper clips to keep them together as they dry. Repeat this process with all 25 tubes.
- Once the glue is dry, remove any paper clips. Carefully wrap each tube in tissue paper, making sure to cover one end completely while leaving the other end open. Leave extra tissue paper hanging over the edge as we will tie these up like crackers in the next steps.
- Take the printed Christmas decorations and cut them all out- you should have 25 in total. Punch a hole in each one and thread the string through. Number each one 1-25 as these will be the dates for your calendar.
- Tie the end of your tubes up using the string so they look like the end of a cracker. Make sure the numbers are visible.
- Time to build your wine tower! Stack your tubes on top of one another to create your calendar. We chose a triangle Christmas tree-type shape, but it also works as a square. Make sure the tied numbered ends are all on one side.
- Let's make it festive! The idea is that you'll break through the tissue paper to retrieve your daily wine treat. Use the Barefoot Wine decorations, glitter, or any other decorations your heart desires to make your advent calendar as jolly as can be!
- Now, for the most important part – filling your calendar from the back (the open end) with your favourite Barefoot Wine mini 187ml bottles. Whether you're a Pinot Grigio, White Zinfandel, or Merlot fan, or you want a random mix of all three, the choice is yours!
- Congratulations! Your wine advent calendar is complete. Start counting down to the 1st of December when you can pop open that first tube and enjoy a glass of your favourite Barefoot Wine to kick off the festive celebrations.
Wine Christmas Crackers
Christmas crackers are a fun and friendly way to add excitement and laughter to any festive gathering. They're typically placed at each guest's table setting, and everyone gets to pull their cracker with a partner, resulting in a delightful "pop" and revealing the surprise inside.
Christmas crackers date back to Victorian England and were invented by a London-based confectioner named Tom Smith. Inspired by French bonbons wrapped in twisted paper, Smith decided to create a new type of treat by adding a "snap" sound when the wrapper was pulled apart. The concept soon evolved to include small trinkets, paper hats, and jokes, turning the Christmas cracker into a beloved festive tradition.
Make Your Own Wine Christmas Crackers
Why stop at a wine advent calendar when you can also add a touch of wine-filled fun to your Christmas dinner table with DIY Barefoot Wine Christmas crackers? In this section, we'll show you how to create your very own Christmas crackers filled with mini 187ml Barefoot Wine bottles for a festive surprise that's bound to make your guests smile. Let's get cracking!
• A4 card approx. 400gsm thickness (enough sheets for one per adult)
• Tissue paper in your choice of festive colour
• Ribbon in a colour of your choice to match the card
• Barefoot wine mini 187ml bottles- one for each adult
• Cracker tube template- Download here.
• Glue stick
- Print the cracker template onto A4 card. Ensure you print to actual size and don't scale up or down. Print enough for each adult to have one.
- Apply glue along the flap and roll the tube so the flap meets the other side, creating a square tube. Hold tightly while the glue dries – you might want to use paper clips to help keep them together while they dry. Repeat with all crackers.
- Cover the tube in tissue paper, leaving a generous amount on each end to make the cracker ends.
- Gather the tissue paper together at one end and tie a ribbon around it to hold it together, finishing with a bow for that festive touch.
- Time to add some wine magic! Slide a 187ml mini bottle of your guest's favourite Barefoot wine inside the other end and secure that end with a ribbon, just like the first end. You should now have a sealed cracker with a delicious bottle of Barefoot hiding inside.
- Unleash your creativity and decorate your crackers however you like – remember, there's no such thing as too much glitz and glam at Christmas! If you're feeling extra creative, why not add each adult's name to their cracker for that personal touch that'll make them feel extra special?
With your DIY Barefoot Wine advent calendar and wine Christmas crackers, you're all set for an exciting festive season filled with your favourite wines. These creative projects are perfect for adding a unique and personal touch to your Christmas celebrations, making them memorable for you and your guests. So, gather your friends, raise a glass, and toast to a fabulous festive season! Cheers!